SWCSS is the shortened name for Southwest Collaborative Support Services. We work together in support of children, youth and families in Southwest Alberta. Our cross-ministry partnership has representation from:
- Alberta Children’s Services
- Alberta Community and Social Services
- Alberta Education (public, separate, and independent schools)
- Alberta Health / Alberta Health Services
- and First Nations (Blood Tribe and Piikani Nation)
We started our partnership in 2013 under the provincial Regional Collaborative Service Delivery (RCSD) initiative. Early in the Spring of 2020, the Provincial government announced that RCSD would be dissolved later in the year. In the southwest region, the core partners were committed to continuing to work together to address the needs of children/youth and families with the resources available. SWCSS was launched on September 1, 2020 out of the ashes of RCSD.
For further information or questions about our work, please contact the Program Manager, 403-331-9500 or click to email