To register, contact your School Division mental health lead or AHS Manager as each partner is managing the registration on behalf of their team.
- Codes of conduct – ensuring policy translates into action
- Promoting connected-ness with staff, students, parents and community partners
- Assessing and improving school/classroom climate & culture
- Naturally open organizations (the role of school systems and school safety)
- Exploring the importance of the role of physical environment in schools
- Criteria for program selection & implementation (e.g. social emotional learning)
- Diversity – design for difference to address homophobia, racism and systemic racism
- The Difference between Peer Conflict, Mean Behaviour and Bullying
- Types of Bullying Behaviours
- Intervention Strategies & Tools to Address the Different Types of Bullying
- Effects of Bullying Behaviour on Children and Youth
- Assessing for Violence Potential in our Schools
- Managing Social Media & the Evolution of Sexting Behaviour
- Overview of Basic Digital Threat Assessment
Presenter – Randy Wallis
Randy is a Trainer and Case Consultant for Safer Schools Together. He provides support to the Threat Analyst team while also training across North America.
As a lifelong learner and someone who is passionate about Youth Safety, Randy has supported ‘at risk youth’ and their families throughout his 30+ year career as an International School Counsellor and as an Inner-City Youth and Family worker. Having presented to educators, parents, and students across the globe, Randy comes with immeasurable knowledge and a unique skill set.
Randy has a long history of combining his work in counselling and education to work alongside Law Enforcement, International Embassies, Mental Health Clinicians and Hospitals. Through this work, Randy has developed comprehensive and developmentally appropriate Social Emotional Curriculum and Child Safety protocols to ensure Safe and Caring Schools.
With his studies in counselling and psychology, Randy has centered most of his work to understand family structure and dynamics, cognitive behavioral interventions for trauma, and inclusion in schools.
While supporting the Threat Analyst team and training, Randy is putting final touches on a manual created for educators in learning to support children through traumatic transitions in the International School’s community.