Do you have a student with hearing, vision, communication, and/or mobility challenges in your class this year and wondering how you can support them? Each year, our team has provided valuable training for those new to working with children/youth with vision, hearing, communication, and/or mobility challenges.
Participants will be learn about:
- positive teaching strategies
- appropriate lift & transport techniques
- effective, formative assessment techniques to promote both academic and social success
- adapting materials, resources and the physical environment to address the unique learning needs of the student
The sessions will be presented by our local team members and will provide attendees with an array of hands-on activities, practical knowledge and skills development.
This year we are hosting the sessions virtually using Zoom. The sessions will be scheduled in the afternoon over the course of a few days so that you are able to select the session(s) that fit your learning needs. Join us for as many afternoon sessions as you wish!
Time: all sessions will run from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm with an optional Q/A following the presentation. Zoom link and handouts will be emailed closer to the event.
- October 4 – Cortical Vision Impairment (CVI) – Lifts & Transfers (PT) – attend one or both!
- October 5 – Creating an inclusive classroom for language and literacy
- October 6 – Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH)
- October 7 – Blind/Low Vision