Do you have a student with hearing, vision, communication, and/or mobility challenges in your class this year and wondering how you can support them? Each year, our team has provided valuable training for those new to working with children/youth with vision, hearing, communication, and/or mobility challenges.
Participants will be learn about:
- positive teaching strategies
- appropriate lift & transport techniques
- effective, formative assessment techniques to promote both academic and social success
- adapting materials, resources and the physical environment to address the unique learning needs of the student
The sessions will be presented by our local team members and will provide attendees with an array of hands-on activities, practical knowledge and skills development.
This year we are hosting the sessions virtually using Zoom. The sessions will be scheduled in the afternoon over the course of a few days so that you are able to select the session(s) that fit your learning needs. Join us for as many afternoon sessions as you wish!
Time: all sessions will run between 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm with an optional Q/A following the presentation. Zoom link and handouts will be emailed closer to the event. Click on title to access the Zoom link. Sessions will be recorded and available to access online afterward.
- September 19th – SLP: How Speech Language Pathologists Can Support Your Classroom
- September 20th – 1pm-2:30pm OT: What is Occupational Therapy Anyway?
- 2:30pm-3:30pm PT: Lifts & Transfers
- September 21st – d/DHH: Teaching Students who are d/Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- September 22nd– TVI: Blind & Low Vision/Cortical Visual Impairment