We are looking for therapists to join our team!
Due to the restructuring of RCSD funding, the South West Regional Collaborative Service Delivery (SWRCSD) program is being replaced with a new collaborative partnership. The existing RCSD partners are committed to continued collaboration to offer services to children and youth throughout the Southwest region.
As an ideal candidate for the team, you are energetic and enjoy working with students from Kindergarten through to Grade 12. You will work collaboratively to integrate student programming with other disciplines and including students with visual and/or hearing impairments. These positions will appeal to those who are comfortable with change, enjoy a challenge, and seek opportunities for creativity.
As a regional therapist, you will provide clinical professional practice both independently and as a part of a collaborative team. You will be offering services within a full scope of practice including: health promotion, identification, assessment, intervention, and case management. You will participate in planning, coordination and delivery of rehabilitation services in collaboration with students, families, healthcare professionals and other partners. You will use your expertise to inform ongoing quality improvement, service integration, and program development. Applications are invited for the following positions:
|Posting:||Assignment:||FTE:||Base location and service area:|
|2021-001||SLP – Complex Communication||1.0||Lethbridge RCSD Office – work throughout region supporting low/mid tech device implementation and AAC goals for K-12|
|2021-002||SLP – Generalist||1.0||Taber – supporting educational goals for students within Horizon School Division sites|
|2021-003||SLP – Generalist||1.25||Lethbridge RCSD Office – serving students within Livingstone Range, Palliser, Calvin Christian, and Westwind. Please indicate in your cover letter if you prefer full or part-time as more than one person will be required to fulfill the position.|
|2021-004||OT – Generalist||1.0||Lethbridge RCSD Office – educational goal support for students within Calvin Christian, Holy Spirit, Horizon, Livingstone Range, Palliser, and Westwind, with 0.1 FTE of the role dedicated to supporting complex communication goals.|
|2021-005||PT – Generalist||0.9||Lethbridge RCSD Office – serving students within Calvin Christian, Holy Spirit, Horizon, Livingstone Range, Palliser, and Westwind schools|
About the opportunity
- As we are in a transitional phase, contracts will be temporary for 2020-21. The initial contract period will be August 24, 2020 to June 30, 2021 with the possibility of extension.
- Work schedule will follow the school calendar with Christmas and Easter breaks observed and is based on a 35 hours work week
- Regional team members will be provided with laptop, cell phone, and an ipad and a small supply budget
- Service will be provided by a combination of in-person and virtual delivery. Travel costs will be reimbursed based on SWRCSD approved rates
- Specific service priorities will be determined by school division partners funding the services. Service priorities are likely to be focussed at the top tiers of intervention.
- SLP: Completion of Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- OT: Completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy
- PT: Completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Physiotherapy
- Active or eligible registration and practice permit with respective regulatory College
- Experience working with a school age population
- Class 5 driver’s license
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants who are offered employment must provide:
- A police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment that does not have any charges or convictions.
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from Alberta Children’s Services.
Salary / Benefits
- 10 month salary ranges between $85, 000 – $98, 000 depending on experience with the same salary grid utilized for all positions
- ASEBP benefits are available for positions more than 0.5 FTE
Application process: please provide the following, in a single PDF document
- Cover letter addressed to Margaret Vennard, Collaborative Services Coordinator and include the competition number(s) of interest in the subject line
- Resume summarizing training and experience;
- Minimum of three professional references including your current supervisor
- E-mail application to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 3:00 pm July 17, 2020
- Link to PDF version of posting
If you have any questions, please contact Margaret Vennard email@example.com
We thank all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.