We are growing our therapy team!
Southwest Collaborative Support Services (SWCSS) is a collaborative partnership supporting children/youth and families. Partners worked together under the previous RCSD framework and have committed to continue working together to support the needs of students across the region.
As a regional therapist, you will provide clinical professional practice both independently and as a part of a collaborative team. You will be offering services within a full scope of practice including: health promotion, identification, assessment, intervention, and case management. You will participate in planning, coordination and delivery of rehabilitation services in collaboration with students, families, healthcare professionals and other partners. You will use your expertise to inform ongoing quality improvement, service integration, and program development. Applications are invited for the following positions:
|Reference||Discipline||FTE||Base location and service area:|
|2021-06||SLP||0.6||Lethbridge Office – serving students within selected Livingstone Range, Palliser and Westwind schools.|
|2021-07||PT||Up to a maximum of 0.8||Lethbridge Office – serving students within Calvin Christian, Holy Spirit, Horizon, Lethbridge, Livingstone Range, Palliser and Westwind schools.|
Amount of FTE is flexible based on the successful candidate(s) availability.
As an ideal candidate for the team, you are energetic and enjoy working with students from Early Learning through to Grade 12. You will work collaboratively to integrate student programming with other disciplines and including students with visual and/or hearing impairments. These positions will appeal to those who are comfortable with change, enjoy a challenge, and seek opportunities for creativity.
About the opportunity
- As we are in a transitional phase, contracts will be temporary for 2020-21. Ideally, successful candidates would commence as soon after the Christmas break as possible and would finish on June 30, 2021. There is a possibility of extension.
- Work schedule will follow the school calendar with Easter break observed and is based on a 35 hours work week
- Regional team members will be provided with laptop, cell phone, an ipad and a small supply budget
- Service will be provided by a combination of in-person and virtual delivery. Travel costs will be reimbursed based on SWCSS approved rates
- Specific service priorities will be determined by school division partners funding the services. Service priorities are likely to be focused at the top tiers of intervention.
- SLP: Completion of Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- PT: Completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Physiotherapy
- Active or eligible registration and practice permit with respective regulatory College
- Experience working with a school age population
- Class 5 driver’s license
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants who are offered employment must provide:
- A police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment that does not have any charges or convictions.
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from Alberta Children’s Services.
Salary / Benefits
- 1.0 FTE monthly salary ranges between $8,500 – $9,800 depending on experience with the same salary grid utilized for all positions
- ASEBP health benefits are available for positions more than 0.5 FTE
Application process: please provide the following, in a single PDF document
- Cover letter addressed to Margaret Vennard, Collaborative Services Coordinator and include the competition number(s) of interest in the subject line
- Resume summarizing training and experience;
- Minimum of three professional references including your current supervisor
closes on December 29, 2020 at 4:00 pmremains open until a successful candidate is identified
- E-mail application to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact Margaret Vennard email@example.com
We thank all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.