We are looking for therapists to join our team!
Southwest Collaborative Support Services (SWCSS) is a collaborative partnership supporting children/youth and families. Partners worked together under the previous RCSD framework since 2013 and launched SWCSS in August of 2020 to continue to support the needs of students across the region. Further information about SWCSS can be found on our website. We have had a successful year and looking to expand the therapy team.
As a regional therapist, you will provide clinical professional practice both independently and as a part of a collaborative team. You will be offering services within a full scope of practice including: health promotion, identification, assessment, intervention, and case management. You will participate in planning, coordination and delivery of rehabilitation services in collaboration with students, families, healthcare professionals and other partners. You will use your expertise to inform ongoing quality improvement, service integration, and program development. Applications are invited for the following positions:
|Posting:||Discipline:||FTE:||Base location and service area:|
|2021-008||SLP||1.2||Lethbridge Office – serving students within a variety of schools within Southwest Alberta. Please indicate in your cover letter if you prefer full or part-time as more than one person will be required to fulfill the position.|
|2021-009||PT||0.7||Lethbridge Office – serving students within Holy Spirit, Horizon, Independent, Lethbridge, Livingstone Range, Palliser, and Westwind schools|
|2021-010||OT||1.7||Lethbridge Office – serving students within Holy Spirit, Horizon, Independent, Livingstone Range, Palliser, Piikani, and Westwind schools. Please indicate in your cover letter if you prefer full or part-time as more than one person will be required to fulfill the position.|
As an ideal candidate for the team, you are energetic and enjoy working with students from Early Learning through to Grade 12. You will work collaboratively to integrate student programming with other disciplines and including students with visual and/or hearing impairments. These positions will appeal to those who are comfortable with change, enjoy a challenge, and seek opportunities for creativity.
About the opportunity
- Initial 3-year contract (August 25, 2021 to June 30, 2024) with the possibility of extension.
- Work schedule will follow the school calendar with Christmas, Easter and summer breaks observed and is based on a 35 hour work week
- Regional team members will be provided with laptop, cell phone, and a small supply budget
- Service will be provided by a combination of in-person and virtual delivery. Travel costs will be reimbursed based on SWRCSD approved rates
- Specific service priorities will be determined by school division partners funding the services. Service priorities are likely to be focused at the top tiers of intervention.
- SLP: Completion of Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- OT: Completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy
- PT: Completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Physiotherapy
- Active or eligible registration and practice permit with respective regulatory College
- Experience working with a school age population
- Class 5 driver’s license
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants who are offered employment must provide:
- A police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment that does not have any charges or convictions.
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from Alberta Children’s Services.
Salary / Benefits
- 1.0 FTE annual salary ranges between $86,500 – $95,700 depending on experience with the same salary grid utilized for all positions. Salary is based on 10 months of work paid over 12 months.
- ASEBP benefits are available for positions more than 0.5 FTE
- LAPP pension is available for positions more than 0.8 FTE
Application process: please provide the following, in a single PDF document
- Cover letter addressed to Margaret Vennard, Collaborative Services Coordinator and include the competition number(s) of interest in the subject line
- Resume summarizing training and experience;
- Minimum of three professional references including your current supervisor
- E-mail application to email@example.com
- Competition closes on June 16, 2021 at 12:00 NOON or until a successful candidate is identified
If you have any questions, please contact Margaret Vennard firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.