The SWCSS framework has been designed to ensure children and youth within the region receive the supports and services required by:
- Improving access to the right supports and services at the right time in the right place through regional collaborative service delivery;
- Building capacity of stakeholders through regional collaborative service delivery;
- Improving integration and coordination of supports and services through regional collaborative service delivery.
The intent is to strengthen the ability of families, schools, service providers and community partners to understand and to respond to the needs of these children/youth in a timely, inclusive and equitable manner.
Regional Vision and Mission
Vision: In Southwest Alberta, our Collaborative Support Services Framework will deliver supports and services to children, youth and their families through collaborative cross-ministry partnerships, enabling those children and youth to succeed in their learning and well-being.
Mission: Our mission is to provide for a continuum of supports and services to meet universal, targeted, individualized & complex needs for all children/students. Equitable access to supports and services will be provided for children/youth and families, regardless of where they live within the SWCSS region.
 Equitable is defined as fair and impartial (Source: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/equitable)
- Alberta Children’s Services
Alberta Community and Social Services:
- Disability Services
- Family Supports for Children with Disabilities (FSCD)
- Persons with Developmental Disabilities (PDD)
Alberta Education schools including:
- AISCA Schools in SW Alberta
- Calvin Christian School
- Coaldale Christian
- Holy Spirit Catholic School Division
- Horizon School Division
- Kainai Board of Education
- Lethbridge School District
- Livingstone Range School Division
- Palliser Regional Division
- Peigan Board of Education
- Providence Christian School
- Westwind School Division
Alberta Health Services (AHS):
- Addiction and Mental Health
- Audiology and Children’s Allied Health (formerly CARE)
- Family and Community Support Services (FCSS)